The Church

Like I said my to-do list post, I was going to book a date next month.
As you know today is that last day of not having to think too hard about a date (not that I haven't)


On Monday, I had a conversation with my mother about the church, what seams very stupid now but makes scene (remember wedding virgin). Is that I have not seen the inside of the church, now I have seen pictures of the inside of the church but I need to see it with my own eyes. 


Source

source
This is the dream church, Its so different for Ireland to have a church like this. For those of you who know me. this is so me isn't it? I love this church so much. Since I first laid my eyes on this beauty I knew I wanted to get married here.  

As perfect as things may seam on the outside doesn't mean that they are perfect on the inside. 

source

source

As you can see from these photos is that it is a bit dated, never thought I would say that about a church. 

I am back to the very start on this to an extent. At Christmas time, myself and my mother where talking about the wedding, and she suggested Kerry, more so as a joke than anything else. 

Why Kerry?
My mom is form Kerry, and I lived in Kerry form the age of 2-6. So it dose have a strong place in my heart. 

It doesn't look like much on the outside but its quite nice on the inside.

Source

source


Their is just one tinny teeny problem with the whole thing.
The ceremony would in in Irish because this is in the Ghaeltacht (the Irish speaking part of Ireland). Not many of my friends are fluent in Irish and Paul's family are far from fluent. So their is the language gap which I have to some how figure out.  (But between you and me, I would love to have it in Kerry.)



As you can guess from the two churches, I am looking at a small wedding. mainly cause I cant think of 200 people and we both have small family's.  





4 comments:

  1. Ohh well both churches look lovely to me, and personally I think it would be amazing to have the whole ceremony through Irish...even if I would struggle to know when to cheer:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I know, maybe Rosetta Stone to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kerry church is beautiful!!! You could always have a translation of the ceremony in English in the prayer booklets or ask the priest to do the service in English??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it really is, and its so nice in that part of Kerry. Yeah I was thinking about having a translation in the booklets :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for you comment :) I will reply as soon as I can x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...